We have a variety of positions available to suit almost any person’s needs. We want you to have a great volunteer experience, that’s why we ask you to tell us your volunteer preference. We do our best to match volunteers to their role of choice, but due to the needs of the race, we cannot guarantee you’ll get the role you select. Please review the list of roles below to get a sense of duties and responsibilities.
Volunteers for Friday, September 9th and Saturday, September 10th
Packet Pick-Up & Registration Volunteers are needed to assist our event staff at packet pick-up/registration at the Expo. Volunteers will help distribute packets, t-shirts and goodie bags. Volunteers may also be asked to help direct athletes between the race briefings and packet pick-up. In addition, we need a few volunteers to help out with the outdoor Bike Valet.
- Transition Area Volunteers are needed to assist with Saturday athlete bike racking at the transition area. We will also be helping with body marking and helping athletes find the shuttle stops.
Volunteers for Sunday, September 11th
- Transition Area and Race Start Volunteers will have many jobs including:
- Serving as traffic cops – directing participants out the appropriate exits of the transition area. The transition area is the fenced in area containing all the bike racks. They will continue to keep any wandering spectators out of the transition area.
- Body Marking- Participants have to be marked so that they can be identified as they exit the water following the swim portion of the race. This is done to assist USA Triathlon officials during the event, as this is their way of identifying participants. Volunteers will write athlete’s race number on the athlete’s body as directed by the Race Director.
- Swim Course (on shore) Volunteers help move the swim waves from the holding pen in the transition area to the swim chute and dock. Volunteers will also help direct athletes as they exit the water and will keep spectators out of the way.
- Course Marshals will be on the bike and run course to direct the athletes to turn the appropriate way at certain intersections.
- Bike In / Bike Out Volunteers will direct athletes leaving transition which direction to go, and will ensure the course is free of any dropped items or debris and will keep spectators back from the course. They will also assist on the athlete’s return to the transition area by making sure athletes are aware of the dismount line.
- Finish Line Festival Volunteers will distribute water, medals and food to athletes crossing the finish line.
- We are also looking for Massage Therapists and Physical Therapists to help out at our finish festival. If you are interested in helping out in this area, please contact Karen.