We are delighted to support the world renowned Nation’s Triathlon in Washington, DC and its sister race, Tri Yas, which takes place in our home of Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways launched its daily service to Washington, DC in March this year and the partnership gives us an ideal opportunity to support two fantastic sporting events in two of the world’s leading capital cities.
Two lucky participants in the Tri Club challenge will win an exclusive trip package to include round trip ticket on Etihad Airways, three night stay in Abu Dhabi, entry into Tri Yas triathlon on February 28, 2014, and your bike shipped for free, compliments of Etihad Airways.
- Round trip ticket on Etihad Airways
- Bike ships for FREE
- Entry into Tri Yas Triathlon on February 28, 2014
- Tri Yas is one of the most prestigious triathlons in the Middle East. Its location in the Yas Marina Circuit Track and its dusk start time makes it one of the most unique events in all of triathlons.
2013 Tri Club Challenge Stats
295 athletes registered
38 Tri Clubs registered
Top 5 clubs represented
- DC Tri Club
- Booz Allen Hamilton Tri Club
- Team Z
- Bike Rack Multisport Team
- YMCA National Capital Y Tri Team
Congrats to our winners:
2013 Male winner:
Bike Rack Multisport Team (2:10:52)
2013 Female winner:
DC Triathlon Club (2:21:53)
2013 Relay winner:
(Samantha Stafford, Sean Kelley, Peggy Still) (2:42:27)
OPTION 3: Etihad Airways Tri Club Challenge
- Tri clubs must have 10 or more team members finishing to qualify for points. Age Group Elite athletes are not eligible to participate in the Tri Club Challenge.
- Clubs will receive 1/2 point for each finisher up to 30 points; teams with 30+ participants will get an additional 10 points.
- Top 10 overall finishers for each male and female in Age Group will earn points (10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd … 1 point for 10th).
- Top 10 overall finishers for male, female and co-ed relay teams (10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd … 1 point for 10th).
Compete to have the most members of your club in the race. The top five clubs with the most member participation will receive:
- A tent at the Finish Line Festival for club members racing with food and drinks
- And more!
What is a Race-within-a-race?
Age group and team triathletes may be eligible to compete in one of the races within The Nation’s Triathlon. If eligible, your times will be ranked against both your age group (or team type) and those in the Challenge.
Why Compete in a Race-within-a-race?
It’s like competing in two races at one time!
How Can I Compete in a Race-within-a-race?
Simply select which race-within-a-race you’d like to compete in when filling out the registration form.
If you qualify for multiple races-within-a-race, you many only compete in ONE.