We are delighted to support the world renowned Nation’s Triathlon in Washington, DC and its sister race, TriYas, which takes place in our home of Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways launched its daily service to Washington, DC in March 2013 and the partnership gives us an ideal opportunity to support two fantastic sporting events in two of the world’s leading capital cities.
Two lucky participants in the Tri Club challenge will win an exclusive trip package to include round trip ticket on Etihad Airways, entry into TriYas triathlon on February 26, 2016, and your bike shipped for free, compliments of Etihad Airways.
- Round trip ticket on Etihad Airways
- Bike ships for FREE
- Entry into 2016 TriYas Triathlon – February 26, 2015
- TriYas is one of the most prestigious triathlons in the Middle East. Its location in the Yas Marina Circuit Track and its dusk start time makes it one of the most unique events in all of triathlons.
2014 Tri Club Challenge Stats
42 Tri Clubs registered
Top 5 clubs represented
- DC Tri Club
- AGE Africa
- Team Red, White and Blue
- Bike Rack Multisport Team
- Team Z
Congrats to our winners:
2014 Male winner:
Harford Multisport Team (1:40:33)
2014 Female winner:
Snapple Triathlon Team (1:47:15)
Etihad Airways Tri Club Challenge
- Compete to have the most members of your club in the race. The top five clubs with the most member participation will receive:
- A tent at the Finish Line Festival for club members racing with food and drinks
- And more!
What is a Race-within-a-race?
Age group and team triathletes may be eligible to compete in one of the races within The Nation’s Triathlon. If eligible, your times will be ranked against both your age group (or team type) and those in the Challenge.
Why Compete in a Race-within-a-race?
It’s like competing in two races at one time!
How Can I Compete in a Race-within-a-race?
Simply select which race-within-a-race you’d like to compete in when filling out the registration form.
If you qualify for multiple races-within-a-race, you may only compete in ONE.