The Nation’s Triathlon will offer OPTIONAL Course Briefings at the Expo. These briefings will provide athletes with information about the race course, race rules and regulations and racing in Washington, DC. Briefings are not mandatory, but are suggested for athletes who have not completed The Nation’s Triathlon in the past.
Please see the Race Weekend Schedule for course briefing times.
ALL athletes must pick up their OWN packets on Friday, September 5 or Saturday, September 6. Packets will NOT be distributed on race day. ALL members of a team MUST pick up their individual packet, team members do not have to pick up their packets at the same time. Race bracelets will be given to all athletes and will be inside of each packet. Packets will be held under Team name.
Packet pickup will be held at the Expo
PACKET PICKUP SCHEDULE
- Friday: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
What to Bring to Packet Pick Up:
All athletes MUST bring all of the following:
- Government issued valid photo ID
- USA Triathlon (USAT) card, if you are a USAT Annual Member
What to do when you arrive at the expo:
- Head first to the registration area! Go to the USAT table and present your government issued photo ID and your current USAT card. If you do not have a USAT card you must become a one day member for $12.
- Next sign all your waivers.
- Find the registration table with your bib number and pick up your race packet
- It is your responsibility to make sure everything you need is inside of your race packet. We will provide you with the checklist of items that should be in your packet. DO NOT LEAVE for the day until you are sure all items are in there.
- Attend a course briefing, if you’d like. They will be held every hour on the hour, starting at 1:00 PM on Friday except 3:00 PM (last one at 7:00 PM) and starting at 10:00 AM on Saturday except 1:00 PM (last one at 5:00 PM).
- Check out the Sports & Fitness Expo: Walk around, visit with sponsors and exhibitors, and meet your fellow athletes.
- Walk over to the goodie bag area and get your goodie bag and race shirt
- Get ready for race day! Eat and sleep well!
All athletes must rack their bike on Saturday AFTER picking up your race packet. You will need your race bracelet and number on your bike to enter the transition area. We will have bike mechanics on duty Saturday and race morning able to perform minor bike maintenance at no charge. They will have bike pumps, but we do recommend bringing your own and sharing it. The bike mechanic tents are located within the transition area.
Bike check-in Hours:
- 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- West Potomac Park, Transition Area
ABSOLUTELY NO PACKET PICKUP ON RACE DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS. THERE IS NO ADMITTANCE TO THE TRANSITION AREA WITHOUT A RACE BRACELET WORN ON YOUR WRIST.