SPORTS & FITNESS EXPO SCHEDULE
- Location TBD
- Friday, September 9th: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday, September 10th: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Please see the Race Weekend Schedule for the detailed expo schedule.
The Nation’s Triathlon will offer OPTIONAL Course Briefings at the Sports & Fitness Expo. These briefings will provide athletes with information about the race course, race rules and regulations and racing in Washington, DC. Briefings are not mandatory, but are suggested for athletes who have not completed The Nation’s Triathlon in the past.
Course Briefings will be held inside the expo on Friday at 4:00 and 6:00 pm. They will be held on Saturday at 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm.
Packet pickup will be held at the Expo.
ALL athletes must pick up their OWN packets on Friday, September 9th or Saturday, September 10th at the Sports & Fitness Expo. Packets will NOT be distributed on race day. ALL members of a team MUST pick up their individual packet, team members do not have to pick up their packets at the same time. Race bracelets will be given to all athletes and will be inside of each packet. Packets will be held under Team name.
What to Bring to Packet Pick Up:
All athletes MUST bring all of the following:
- Government issued valid photo ID
- USA Triathlon (USAT) card, if you are a USAT Annual Member
What to do when you arrive at the Sports & Fitness Expo:
- Head first to the registration area! Go to the USAT table and present your government issued photo ID and your current USAT card. If you do not have a USAT card you must become a one day member for $15.
- Next sign all your waivers.
- Find the registration table with your bib number and pick up your race packet.
- It is your responsibility to make sure everything you need is inside of your race packet. We will provide you with the checklist of items that should be in your packet. DO NOT LEAVE for the day until you are sure all items are in there.
- Walk over to pick up your chip, and your race shirt!
- Attend a course briefing, if you’d like. They will be held on Friday at 4:00 and 6:00 pm. They will be held on Saturday at 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm.
- Check out the Expo: Walk around, visit with sponsors and exhibitors, and meet your fellow athletes.
- Get ready for race day! Eat and sleep well!
All athletes must rack their bike on Saturday AFTER picking up your race packet. You will need your race bracelet and number on your bike to enter the transition area. Bike mechanics from Revolution Cycles will be on hand Saturday during bike racking and on race morning prior to the event to perform minor bike maintenance at no charge. They will have bike pumps, but we do recommend bringing your own and sharing it. The bike mechanic tents are located within the transition area.
Bike check-in Hours:
- Saturday, September 10th, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- West Potomac Park, Transition Area
ABSOLUTELY NO PACKET PICKUP ON RACE DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS. THERE IS NO ADMITTANCE TO THE TRANSITION AREA WITHOUT A RACE BRACELET WORN ON YOUR WRIST.