From a participant:
"Great Day! How could you not enjoy a ride through a beautiful city with no traffic -- that was the best part."
The 2017 Nation’s Triathlon bike course is a single-loop that takes competitors on a fast and flat scenic ride through historic DC.
The Nation’s Triathlon is known for its scenic course that winds through the National Mall, Memorial Parks and other historical landmarks in Washington, DC. We are pleased to unveil a shorter, but just as scenic 16 mile Sprint Bike Course in 2017.
Course route subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.
2. Merge left onto Ohio Dr (contra flow)
3. Veer left onto Rock Creek (contra flow)
4. Continue on Rock Creek to U-Turn before William Howard Taft Bridge (contra flow)
5. Continue on Rock Creek to K St NW. (contra flow)
6. Turn right onto the Whitehurst Freeway
7. U-Turn on Whitehurst near M St NW
8. Merge right onto Potomac Freeway
9. Continue to U-Turn before Ohio St.
10. Merge right toward E St/E St Expressway
11. Turn left onto 20th St NW
12. Turn left onto E St NW
13. Merge right onto Potomac Freeway
14. Continue to 27th St. NW
15. Turn Left on 27th St. NW
16. Turn Right on Virginia Ave NW
17. Merge Left onto Ohio Dr (contra flow)
18. Merge onto Independence Ave SW (contra flow)
19. Turn right onto 14th St SW (contra flow)
20. Merge left onto 395 HOV lanes (southbound only) (contra flow)
21. U-turn on 395 HOV lanes near S. Fern St
22. Merge onto 14th St SW (contra flow)
23. Turn left onto Independence Ave SW (contra flow)
24. Return to transition area, dismount and turn left into transition
Bike course also available on Mapmyride.com
- Bikes must be racked on Saturday prior to the race from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Once racked, bikes will remain in the transition area and may not be removed until the race. Bikes MUST have bike numbers fastened on them and all athletes must have their race bracelets on to enter the transition area.
- Helmets must be on AND fastened before triathletes mount their bikes.
- Do not mount your bike until you are out of the transition area and past the mount/dismount line.
- ABSOLUTELY NO RIDING IN THE TRANSITION AREA.
- STAY RIGHT ON THE BIKE COURSE UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OR BEGINNING YOUR SECOND LOOP. DO NOT RIDE ABREAST FROM ANOTHER COMPETITOR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER UNLESS YOU ARE PASSING OR BEGINNING YOUR SECOND LOOP.
- No headphones, cell phones,or devices of any kind that play music are permitted on the course at any time.
- Do not litter.
- If you have a flat move your bike off the course.
- Emergency conditions may occur during the race. Please pay attention to your surroundings for indication of the need to clear the course or take other instructed action.
The 2017 Nation’s Triathlon Course is subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.