The 2014 Nation’s Triathlon run course is a single-loop run that takes competitors right past the history, monuments and glory of Washington, DC!
The 2014 Nation’s Triathlon run route is a mostly flat and very fast course that is completely closed to all vehicular traffic. On race day, these monumental roads, avenues and boulevards will belong to the competitors of The Nation's Triathlon.
Running through history and the splendor of Washington, DC, competitors cross over the Tidal Basin, pass the Smithsonian Museum, Washington Monument, Haines Point and Jefferson Memorial and run along the Washington Channel and the Potomac River.
Huge mile marker flags and fully stocked aid stations are placed at every mile along the run. All five aid stations are staffed by cheerful, fun and friendly volunteers who are there to assist you. There is also an aid station in the Transition Area so you can get something to drink before the start of the race and as you go through T1 and T2.
Course route subject to change at any time with our without prior notice.
- The finish line area will be filled with spectators, family and friends and the energy level will be high. Please enjoy the moment and do not elbow your way, or shoulder your way, past others in this area.
- Finish strong and run completely through the finish line arch.
- Your picture is being taken for you. Look happy, raise your arms and get into it. Remember don’t look at your watch! We will be keeping time for you.
- Keep moving through the finish line chute. It’s important that you walk a bit before stopping. Medical personnel will be watching you and volunteers will be assisting you. If you feel sick, faint or need any assistance immediately call out for help.
- Remove and return your race-chip if you borrowed one. The timing company will charge you a $35 dollar replacement fee if you take it home with you.
- Grab some water to help cool you off.
- Exit the finish line area and walk towards the back of the Finish Festival to retrieve your same-day race results, get some food and grab post-race athlete services. Relax, hang out with your family and friends and change your clothes in the athlete change tent.
- High five yourself on the way home for a job well done!
The 2014 Nation’s Triathlon Course is subject to change at any time with or without prior notice.